Board of Ethics
The Board of Ethics was formed by the Borough Assembly to administer Ketchikan Gateway Borough Code Chapter 2.20, Conflict of Interest, (Ethics Code) as it pertains to elected and appointed officials of the Borough, members of the Board of Education, and the School District Superintendent. The Borough Clerk serves as administrative staff to the Board. Among other duties as outlined in Borough Code Section 2.55.020, the Board is responsible for the following:
- Reviews the Borough Ethics Code and recommends updates as needed
- Reviews the Ethics Board Rules of Procedure and recommends updates as needed
- Considers ethics complaints regarding Borough officials
- Renders advisory opinions with respect to the Borough Ethics Code
The Board of Ethics meets regularly on a quarterly basis. If the Board receives an inquiry on a matter related to the Borough Ethics Code, or a conflict of interest complaint, the Board will be convened to discuss the matter at hand. Meeting information and records of the Board are available in the Borough Clerk's office.
The Board of Ethics currently has one vacancy for an alternate member seat for a three-year term. Interested persons are requested to submit an application and resume to the Borough Clerk's Office.
The Ethics Board consists of 3 regular members and 2 alternate members appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the assembly. View a listing of the current membership.
Ethics Code and Board of Ethics Rules of Procedure
- KGB Code 2.20 Regarding Assembly Conflict of Interest
- KGB Code 2.55 Regarding Board of Ethics
- Board of Ethics Rules of Procedure (PDF)
Ethics Forms for Public Use